CDF: A Collective Action Initiative is seeking an experienced development director to lead this growing organization’s development plans. Looking for a self-starter, team-oriented, and donor-focused individual to join our team!
RESPONSIBILITY: To develop, implement and provide management oversight for CDF’s development program. Responsible for CDF’s annual fundraising goals as identified in the Annual Development Campaign Plan.
- Lead all development efforts for CDF, responsible for development and administration of the Annual Fundraising Campaign:
- Develop Annual Fundraising Campaign; assist Executive Director with development of fundraising goals; plan and execute donor acquisition strategies
- Identify and cultivate relationships with individuals, community stakeholders, foundations, and additional funding resource partners
- Expand and build an individual donor base and provide management support for a major donor portfolio
- Coordinate with Communications Director on all relevant development related communication materials
- Management and oversight of CDF events working with event consultant, as required. Events may include fundraising, friend raising, and CDF Initiative related events
- Oversee CDF’s grant process, working with staff and contractors as needed:
- Write grant proposals and/or supervise grant-writing process; Manage grant/proposal expectations
- Participate and serve as staff representative for the Board of Trustees Development Committee;
- Management and supervision of the development expense budget
- Prepare and maintain development program reports for ED and Board meetings
- Assist with management and cultivation of community relations
- Additional related duties as determined by Executive Director
EDUCATION: B.A. or B.S (in related field) is preferred. Experience in non-profit development management and leadership required.
- Minimum 5-8 years non-profit development experience required
- Experience in and commitment to working cross-culturally in a diverse community
- Familiarity with and commitment to community development principles and practices preferred
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices, and nonprofit finance
- Experience in donor acquisition
- Experience in relationship-based fundraising
- Experience in researching, soliciting, and closing major gifts
- Experience working with private foundations and government funding agencies
- Experience working independently and as member of a team
- Experience in working within Atlanta funding community
- Fluency in English
- Creation/maintenance of relationships in culturally-diverse communities
- Utilization of social media outlets as development communication tool
- Strong communication experience, including written, public speaking, and presentation
- Organization and time management, including strong attention to detail
- Strong people skills, with the ability to comfortably integrate with diverse communities of supporters
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook/Google, Salesforce or other CRM and related or similar office software
COMMITMENT: CDF convenes conversations within the Clarkston community to help residents articulate their visions for the future and develop action plans to achieve those visions. CDF believes a community shaped by its residents is stronger and more viable than one shaped by outside forces. For more information visit: www.cdfaction.org
Competitive salary based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
» News/Updates » Development Director Opportunity