In January 2012, some of you attended a meeting the Clarkston Development Foundation (CDF) hosted at the Clarkston Community Center. At that meeting, we worked in small groups focused on three areas, each a part of the six themes identified in a previous community meeting (June 2011).
The six themes are:
- The Connected Community – Community Building and Family Advocacy
- The Learning Community – Education
- The Healthy Community – Health and Wellness
- The Well Fed and Ecologically Sustainable Community – Urban Agriculture and Green Space
- The Safe Community – Health and Safety
- The Playing and Fit Community – Recreation
A summary of the January 18 meeting is available at the following link:
A summary of the June 2011 meetings is available at the following link:
These conversations and the reports that come from them serve as tools to help craft a common vision for the Clarkston community. We encourage you and your friends and neighbors to come and share your ideas and passion on August 2nd from 6-8pm. By doing so, you are helping shape the way residents, businesses and organizations relate to Clarkston and choose to invest their time and resources in this wonderful community. So much is going on in Clarkston and this meeting will be an opportunity to build on the work already taking place and look for ways to support and encourage the continued development.
The agenda for the evening includes:
- working in small groups to prioritize the six themes noted above, and
- working in small groups and as a large body of interested Clarkstonians to develop action plans based on priorities determined by the community
So, here is what we need you to do,
- Please RSVP to http://clarkstoncommunityconversation.eventbrite.com/ with the number of additional people that may be coming with you. This will help us make sure we have the space and the food required for the evening.
- Please share this link and this event with others in the Clarkston community; and let us know if you need any other information to share with others who might be interested in attending.
We look forward to a wonderful and useful conversation on August 2nd from 6-8pm.
» Events » Next Clarkston Community Conversation on...