Six local Clarkston projects received the boost they needed to get off the ground thanks to the Opportunity Zone mini-grant program.
The following projects received funding. CDF is honored to have help support three of the proposals in some way:
- ABC Reading Enrichment Program: Reading enrichment program for students to take place at the Clarkston First Baptist Church Family Life Center located at 4007 Church Street in Clarkston, GA. Sessions will be held on Mondays & Wednesdays at 5pm-6pm.
- Clarkston Community Center After-School Program: Mini-grant funds will enable youth from the Montreal corridor to participate in the March 24 – May 15 program.
- Clarkston Festival: April 26, 2014 event to provide activities for all ages, vendor opportunities, entertainment and performances by local talent and opportunity for the community to educate, celebrate and appreciate our rich cultural uniqueness.
- Clarkston Early Learning Network- Tell Me a Story: Promote literacy, storytelling, community, and parent-child verbal exchange – to be held Saturday, May 17, 2:00-5:00PM at the Clarkston Community Center
- RFS Play & Learn: Workshop to improve parent-child interaction.
- United Sudan and South Sudan Communities Association: Storytelling Training, Presentation Workshop, Storytelling “Rehearsal,” and Cultural Celebration on April 19, 2014, 2 to 5 p.m., at Clarkston First Baptist Family Resource Center.