Building community doesn’t happen overnight. It happens in small bits of time.
Do you have 5 minutes or even 15?
Here are some suggestions of where you can start.
|– CDF is about connections. Make a connection with a neighbor by just saying hi. Wait, that’s less than 5 minutes, so ask them how their day is!– Find out about what is happening in Clarkston. Sign-up today for CDF’s newsletter.
– Post on Facebook about how community has impacted your life.
– Search #community on Twitter and find out what people are saying.
|– Do a quick search online for engagement in your community.
– Learn about what Community Engagement is NOT.
– Write to a local official about something that is important to you.
– Watch some community building videos on YouTube
|– Take a walk and see your neighborhood!
– Relationships are at the heart of everything we do. Have coffee with someone and learn more about them.
|– Volunteer to share your talents in Clarkston or your own community.
– Read a book from our suggested reading list (You don’t have to do it all in one sitting!)
– Visit Clarkston for the afternoon!
|– Learning is key in community. Join us for one of our Grow Yourself, Grow Your Community Workshops!|