CDF’s work is based on the following Community Engagement Fundamentals:
- PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT to participate in decisions that impact their current and future well-being.
- ALL PEOPLE CAN participate in creating and recreating their communities.
- EVERY DISCIPLINE and profession is a potential contributor to a community development process.
- RESIDENTS ARE STEWARDS of their community and are the best change agents for their own well-being.
- MOTIVATION is created through interaction and connection with the community.
- MORE PURPOSEFUL DIALOGUE and interaction within the community will increase the potential for learning and development.
Adapted from Practicing Community Development, by Donald Littrell and Doris Littrell, (p 25)